Subject: More problems with lazy-lock

From: Jim Corwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 15:16:28 -0400

I perhaps spoke too soon when I said that my problems had been solved by
the fix from Simon Marshall.  That code fixed the problem caused by window-end.
However, I seem to have another one.  This time I have a problem with
lazy-lock-fontify-after-defer.

If I put lazy-lock.el in a window and run edebug-defun on this function,
after lazy-lock-defer-time I find myself entering the function.  So far so good.
The problem is with the variable lazy-lock-buffers.  This has one entry in it
for the lazy-lock window.  When I step through the code, I get to the line:
(setq lazy-lock-buffers (cdr lazy-lock-buffers))
This line sets lazy-lock-buffers to nil.  Great.  But when I continue stepping,
I come to the statement:
(while (and lazy-lock-buffers (not (input-pending-p))) and lo and behold
lazy-lock-buffers has been reset to its previous value.

I can not figure out why this is happening.  I tried setting breaks in each of
the functions capable of setting this variable.  When I set such a break in
lazy-lock-defer-after-scroll, I crash shortly thereafter.  So perhaps something
is wrong with that function.  I am not able to figure out more.

Someone please help.

Jim Corwin